Sunday, November 4, 2007

I made it!


So tired but excited. After 30 hours of traveling, I finally made it to the orphanage!

Today I got to meet the children. They are beautiful- big smiles, big brown eyes, eager to love on us. I love em already. After we had church this morning, we hung around, laughed and joked around. I learned many of their names. I got to meet Rhoda - she is a 6 yr old girl who is adorable. She is posted above.
I am staying here at Tumaini Children's orphanage with Michael (T-bone), Jonathan, and Emily (Shimmers)...pictures to come. They are here for 6 months to teach the children soccer, how to play the guitar, cooking, health-related classes, running, and reading - impacting these kids' lives in so many ways. I'm so jealous!

In 30 minutes we go out to play soccer with the kids.

I'll be back with more.

1 comment:

Katie Lou said...

Callie! I'm so excited for you and how you're learning so much already! I pray that God's love would shine through you and these children would know Him by your smiling pants...I mean face. I love you!